- Carrot tops from a big bunch of carrots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup pecorino or parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup organic extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
In a food processor pulse the garlic and pine nuts until a thick paste forms. Add in basil, carrot tops, and cheese, salt and pepper.
Pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse puree, then while the food processor is running pour in the olive oil and finish processing.