- 2-4 TBSP ghee
- 1/2 TBSP turmeric powder
- 1/2 TBSP cumin seed or powder
- 1 TBSP coriander seed or powder
- 2 inches ginger, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 carrots sliced thin
- 1 head (choose one or two) broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower or bok choy or other vegetable you enjoy
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups bone broth
- 1 tsp curry paste - more if you like it hot
- 2-3 tsp miso
- 1/2 lime per bowl
- handful of cilantro, chopped
In a dutch oven or large pot, heat ghee over medium-high heat, add seasonings and saute until fragrant. Add onion, garlic, and ginger and saute until soft. Add remaining vegetables and cook until slightly softened.
Add coconut milk, and bone broth to pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let rest for a couple minutes. Stir in curry paste and miso by making a slurry on your spoon; use 2 spoons or a spoon and a chopstick, dip the spoon with the miso or curry on it into the pot and use the other spoon/chopstick to slowly mix it in.
Remove soup from heat. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Add more seasonings, lime juice, and/or salt and pepper to taste. Divide soup into bowls, top with remaining cilantro and sliced lime.