- 1 head boston or butter lettuce, washed and leaves separated
- approx. 3 cups cooked and drained organic bulgar (directions below)
- 2-3 TBSP Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of one lemon
- handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 medium sized onion, chopped
- 2-3 cucumbers, chopped
- crumbled feta cheese to taste
- salt & pepper to taste
To make bulgar:
Wash Bulgar by placing in a pot and swirling with water and carefully pour out water or place bulgar in a mesh colander and wash.
Bring 1-1/3 cup water to a boil, for more flavor you could use broth in place of water.
Stir in 2/3 cup of bulgar.
Turn down the heat and simmer, give it a stir and put a lid on. Let simmer for about 10 minutes or until water is absorbed.
In a medium sized bowl add the cooked bulgar and stir in olive oil, lemon, and parsley.
Gently stir in the tomatoes, onion, and cucumber.
Line a bowl with the lettuce leaves, place the bulgar and vegetables on top, crumble the feta cheese over it all and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper.
Chill or serve immediately.