- 1-2 bunches of Kale, rinsed and dried
- Macadamia nuts - about a 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup pecorino or parmesan
- 5 cloves garlic
- zest of 1 large lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Fresh ground pepper
Place all ingredients except for olive oil in the food processor, process for 30 seconds – 1 minute. With the food processor running add in olive oil to desired thickness. Can adjust taste and consistency with more lemon juice if necessary.
The mac nuts soften the bitter taste of the kale, while the lemon juice and zest gently “cook” the kale softening it. Most kale recipes call for you to blanch the kale first to remove the bitterness however lemon in superior because it breaks down the kale like heat does without the heat, and it adds extra vitamin C and minerals.