- Lions Mane mushrooms
- Nama Shoyu or organic soy sauce or tamari
Slice the lions mane mushrooms into small squares. Place on a dry pan and pan fry dry for a few minutes on each side until lightly browned. Add a pat of butter and cook to desired doneness, usually just a couple minutes. Turn off heat and sprinkle with nama shoyu.
Delicious and good for you! Cooking them this way gives the mushrooms a rich umami flavor. And they benefit brain health!
There is a study on the effects of lions mane mushrooms on a group of cognitively impaired individuals in Japan and found that consuming lions mane mushrooms increased brain neurogenesis, BDNF,
Here is a recap from the study
Brain, mental health, and cognitive benefits of Lion’s Mane
Brain, mental health, and cognitive benefits of lion’s mane include:
- Boost mood
- Improves focus
- Helps with learning
- Support a calm and flow state
- Improves brain cell regeneration
- Helps with memory
Lions mane was found to counteracts age-related cognitive impairment. Age-related cognitive impairment can arise due to:
- Increased in inflammation
- Reduced neurogenesis
- Reduced ability to refold proteins correctly
- Increased oxidative stress
- Mitochondria dysfunction
- Nutrient deficiencies from reduced appetite and poorer digestion
Lion’s mane may mitigate many of these age-related physical and mental decline.