- ALL ingredients are cultivated certified organic, sustainably wild harvested, or biodynamic or cultivated without chemicals
- Rosehips seed oil (Rosa rubiginosa)
- Pomegranate oil (Punica granatam)
- Red Raspberry seed oil (Rubus idaeus)
- Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophae rhamnoides)
- Sandalwood essential oil (Santalum spicatum)
- Helichrysum essential oil (Helichrysum italicum)
- Carrot seed essential oil (Daucus carrot)
This is a lovely silky facial oil that blends carrier oils that hydrateskin and plump out wrinkles, leaving you with a smooth complexion.
I added an essential oil synergy of Sandalwood, Helichrysum, and carrot seed. Sandalwood has a uniquely rich and smooth fragrance along with potent healing properties that calm our mind and nervous system while hydrating our skin and balancing sebum secretion. Helichrysum is a healer — it improves micro-circulation and is a cellular regenerator helping to heal skin, carrot seed is also a cellular regenerator that helps to heal broken capillaries and spots on the skin, it is used both as a preventative and a treatment for wrinkles. These three essential oils blended together make a very pleasant smell, I love to use this oil at night before bed — it is wonderful as a daytime facial oil too, many of the oils offer a level of UV protection.
On sea buckthorn – It is a prized oil for skin care. It is quite orange and will make your skin momentarily more orange. I use a small amount in the facial oil as some like this orange tint better than others, if you are not fair skinned you may like a little more of it in your blend, that is available by request at no extra charge.
Sea buckthorn oil has been used to protect and heal the skin from radiation damage — it has even been used to reduce the risk of radiation burns for Russian astronauts working in space.
It is a highly nutritive oil and is the only known food to be a source of all 4 omegas, Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9. In fact to date the unique omega-7 is only found in sea buckthorn and mac nuts.
This oil gets its name from the sick and injured horses that were left in the wild, only to find them healthy again, turns out they ate the twigs, leaves, and berries of the prolific sea buckthorn plant. Its latin name, Hippophae, means shining horse.
This plant also has special meaning to me as it is very popular in Romania (where I teach often) as a juice, juicing the berries in smoothies, and in powder form for teas or supplementation.
Other Carrier oils in this lovely facial oil:
- Rosehips seed oil – high EFA content, precursor to Vitamin A helps to rebuild tissues, good for scars and premature aging
- Pomegranate Seed Oil – Chemoprotective, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, thick, offers UV protection, improves skin elasticity
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil – High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatories, UV protectant against photo-aging.
- Jojoba – is a liquid wax, very penetrating – carries eos deeply into skin, moisturizing and emollient