- ALL ingredients are cultivated certified organic, sustainably wild harvested, or biodynamic or cultivated without chemicals
- Rosehips seed oil (Rosa rubiginosa)
- Pomegranate oil (Punica granatam)
- Red Raspberry seed oil (Rubus idaeus)
- Jojoba oil (Simmondsia chinensis)
- Sea Buckthorn Oil (Hippophae rhamnoides)
- Sandalwood essential oil (Santalum spicatum)
- Helichrysum essential oil (Helichrysum italicum)
- Carrot seed essential oil (Daucus carrot)
This is a lovely, silky facial oil that blends carrier oils that hydrate skin and plump out wrinkles, leaving you with a smooth complexion.
I added an essential oil synergy of Sandalwood, Helichrysum, and carrot seed. Sandalwood has a uniquely rich and smooth fragrance along with potent healing properties that calm our mind and nervous system while hydrating our skin and balancing sebum secretion. Helichrysum aka immortelle improves micro-circulation and is a cellular regenerator helping to heal skin. Carrot seed is also a cellular regenerator that helps to heal broken capillaries and spots on the skin, it is used both as a preventative and a treatment for wrinkles. These three essential oils blended together make a pleasant smell, it is my daytime facial oil too, the red raspberry and pomegranate oils offer UV protection.
The carrier oils are just as important as the essential oils, whole plant carrier oils contain the same natural oils as our skin, rehydrating and protecting our skin.
On sea buckthorn – It is a prized oil for skin care. It is quite orange and will make your skin momentarily more orange. I use a small amount in the facial oil as some like this orange tint better than others, if you are not fair skinned you may like a little more of it in your blend, that is available by request at no extra charge.
Sea buckthorn oil has been used to protect and heal the skin from radiation damage — it has even been used to reduce the risk of radiation burns for Russian astronauts working in space.
It is a highly nutritive oil and is the only known food to be a source of all 4 omegas, Omega 3, 6, 7, and 9. In fact to date the unique omega-7 is only found in sea buckthorn and mac nuts.
This oil gets its name from the sick and injured horses that were left in the wild, only to find them healthy again, turns out they ate the twigs, leaves, and berries of the prolific sea buckthorn plant. Its latin name, Hippophae, means shining horse.
This plant also has special meaning to me as it is very popular in Romania (where I teach often) as a juice, juicing the berries in smoothies, and in powder form for teas or supplementation.
Other Carrier oils:
- Rosehips seed oil has a high EFA content, is a precursor to Vitamin A helps to rebuild tissues, good for scars and premature aging.
- Pomegranate Seed Oil is chemoprotective, highly antioxidant and anti-inflammatory. It improves skin elasticity and offers UV protection. It is a very thick oil but absorbs readily protecting skin.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil is a rich source of omega-3 &6 EFAs. It is high in antioxidants including vitamin E, polyphenols, and ellagic acid which protect the skin against damaging free radicals and inflammation from sunlight and environmental stressors making it highly anti-inflammatory. It also offers UV protections and protects against photo-aging.
- Jojoba – is a liquid wax, it’s very penetrating and carries eos deeply into skin, it contains the same sebum as our skin making it moisturizing and emollient.