- 1-2 cups spinach or arugula leaves, chopped or torn
- 1 tomato, chopped. Remove seeds first
- approx. 1/2-3/4 cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- Red onion, minced
- Roasted red bell pepper* or cucumber
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBSP balsamic, tarragon, or other flavored vinegar
- 1 tsp oregano (or more)
- flour tortillas
Combine the chopped greens, tomato, feta cheese, onion, bell pepper or cucumber, garlic, and vinegar in a large bowl. Let it marinate while you prepare the flour tortillas.
Heat a skillet over medium high heat, sprinkle generously with oregano, when the oregano gets fragrant add a flour tortilla and heat for about 30 seconds. Remove the
flour tortilla and place veggies down the center. Fold the bottom third of the tortilla over the filling, then tuck the sides in, and roll up tightly.
Repeat with remaining tortillas if making more than one.
- *To roast the bell pepper, heat a broiler and position the rack so the peppers will be an inch or two from the flame. Lie the peppers on the hot rack and turn frequently with tongs as blisters form, until completely charred. This takes 5-10 minutes.
- Immediately put the peppers in a brown paper bag and twist tight to seal. Set said til they are cool enough to handle. The slip off charred skin, pull out the stem and seeds, cut open and remove a remaining seeds. Do not rinse the peppers.